Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I love tuesdays

Tuesdays are the bomb because I don't have work in the evening and so Nathan and I have a special tuesday night tradition that started the fall we were living in St louis (and took a hiatus whilst we were in MI) which is Qdoba & Castle. We get delicious and gigantic burritos at Qdoba and watch the TV show "Castle" on Hulu for free because it airs monday night. It is a very silly cop show and Qdoba is a chain restaurant but is totally unsurpassed in the Mission-style burrito department. Nathan always gets a steak burrito with cilantro rice, black beans, cheese and habanero salsa. I get something different every time, and I usually don't even know what I'm getting until we're there and the words come out of my mouth. The only problem with Qdoba is that they put the cheese on after all the cold salsa and lettuce and such and so it isn't next to the warm beans and rice, and therefore doesn't melt. If you know me well, you know this is a problem. I have to ask special to get my cheese put on first before the cold stuff and you should too! I seriously could improve their burrito building process! Anyways, I have been eagerly awaiting my burrito all day.



Yesterday I started rehearsing a piece for the Bridge Project, which performs Jan 21, 22, 23 at Velocity Dance Center. We rehearse 12-3 mon-fri until the performance. Pablo Cornejo is the choreographer I'm working with for bridge project and he is making a new piece on me and three other lovely people. It is nice being part of a creative process again, and also dancing more, so that is good.
Nathan also has a new job as a teacher's assistant. He started today. One week he goes through problems step by step for undergrads on the board, and then the next week he gives them their exams.

Alright, so for actual content, I am sharing with you a recipe for a beautiful and delicious raisin bread that Wendy made while we were home for the holidays. Here it is below:



Grandma Rowley's Dark Raisin Bread

Prepare and let stand overnight:
1.5 cup raisins
1.5 cup boiling water

Add and beat well:
1 cup sugar
1 egg 
3 tablespoons melted butter

Add and mix well:
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons soda
2.5 cups flour

Bake 1 hour 350 deg in. 3 vegetable cans half full, or in a bundt pan

UPDATE: Wendy says the recipe is naturally non-stick, but she does the grease and flour trick just to be sure. I would too. It would be so sad to get all the way to the end and have it stick in the mold!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your two dance projects! Please post pictures of the performances when you get a chance! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I realize I wrote that confusingly. I'm only in one dance project for the moment--Bridge Project is the performance, and Pablo is one of the choreographers for the Bridge Project. Hopefully there will be pictures, but I don't know yet.

    ReplyDelete